Barception

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 13000 replies

Happy Monday, all!

Ages ago when we could work in the office, we used to hang around the Barception - Typeform’s take on a reception with exactly what it sounds like - a bar!

We’re bringing the Barception to all of you, and you can virtually visit it below: 

Think of this as your virtual meeting space where you can say hello in the morning and goodbye in the evening, talk about what you’ve got planned this weekend or what your favorite beverage of choice is, morning or night!

I’m currently drinking iced coffee today - what about you all?

988 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello hello all! Happy quarter two of the year! How’s everyone been? 

I was in California this weekend, so naturally, I had to drive to some of my secret spots for the views once the rain cleared out. 

https://share.getcloudapp.com/yAuJDDe5

@Darnell Did you check out Hooked yet? Let me know what you think! I just started Inspired: How to Create Tech Products People Love. It’s been interesting read, even if I’m not personally building a tech product. 

@john.desborough @James @ActionJackson @jeremielp @the conservative how are all of you? 

@vviswanathan777 is apparently in India right now, but all I’ve seen is a house and no pics to prove it!

@Grace are you traveling this week? 

Hey @Liz so nice to hear from you and thanks for taking that quick vid of one of your views, wow!

I have not yet read Hooked but you know it’s on my hit list, ha! I’m currently reading Marketing Made Simple by Donald Miller; it’s a pretty fantastic, timeless read thus far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Grace OH!!! I love those! I didn’t realize that was Cadbury. Cadbury chocolate is too addictive!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz sooooo addictive! I hope they don’t melt on my way back…

@Darnell ooh Marketing Made Simple sounds like a good read, would you recommend? How’s it going your end? 

This week has definitely flown by, tonight I’m going to watch a comedy gig which I’m really looking forward to. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to go and watch a comedian live, definitely one of my favourite things to do! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Grace yeah, I’d recommend it, for sure. About 85% through with it as of today, it’s a short read with short chapters, plus a there’s an easy, digestible logic to everything.

I’m always sharpening my branding and marketing tools from those who’ve achieved more success than me, as well as who’s experimented more, worked with more clients, and who have more experience than me. This author meets all of those quotas, so yeah, go ahead and add to your wishlist.

Have big fun at that comedy gig tonight, Grace! And even if you’re sitting way upfront near the stage, the comedian better not roast you, ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Will definitely add it to the list @Darnell ! 

And yeh, I’m not too sure about being close to the front… definitely don’t want to be roasted! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Grace hahaha, I never understood why the hell do comedians roast the folks in the front who paid the most to be closer to the stage?? Why would you pick on your highest ticket-payers?? It’s those in the nosebleeds they should be roasting, ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Rigghhhhht!! I’ll let you know how I get on @Darnell 😆

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Darnell or maybe it’s because they paid so much whereas those that didn’t might not ever come back if they get roasted!

The weather over here in Chicago has been very unseasonably warm, so I’m planning to go outside for most of it! Anyone else have any fun weekend plans? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Liz ya know, that comedian logic might actually be the reason, ha!

Chi-Town weather is “unseasonably” warm RN, oohhhhhh, I like “unseasonably” as a positive play on “unreasonably”, haha.

We’re throwing my father-in-law a bday party here in Huntersville tomorrow and will have guests coming together for a southern BBQ!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oooh yes @Liz good point! And you reminded me to report back and say I happily didn’t get roasted, luckily they focused their energy on each other, and only picked on a couple of people in the front row 😆

@Darnell how was the party and BBQ? Hope the weather was good for it and there was nothing “unreasonable” about it 😂

I managed to get out on my roller skates yesterday afternoon which was fun, and then went on a beach walk with a friend so I definitely got my steps in!

Hope you did something fun in the sun @Liz! 🌞

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Grace glad you didn’t get roasted b/c I think all of us in this community would’ve came for that comedian’s head, ha!

The BBQ party was great but I SADLY failed to take many pictures which I’m feeling so lame about; espesh since that now means the party never happened, haha.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

hahaha @Darnell yeh as @Liz says, pics or it didn’t happen! 

Although that just means you were living in the moment, too busy to take photos which I think is probably even better 😁 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

hahaha @Darnell yeh as @Liz says, pics or it didn’t happen! 

Although that just means you were living in the moment, too busy to take photos which I think is probably even better 😁 

@Grace good point! That also means that it both did and didn’t happen at the same time, ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Darnell - did you invite Schrodinger’s cat?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

lol @john.desborough 😆 It’s like Sliding Doors with BBQs 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I don’t know if I can believe you @Darnell . You might have to have another BBQ just to prove it. 

What did you end up BBQing? I’ve been craving anything BBQ recently and Indian food! (Which I did make this week - @vviswanathan777 would be proud!)

The Chicago weather finally got to me, as I’ve been down with a cold this week. I am NOT sharing photos of that because no one needs to see me blowing my nose. 🤧

@Grace Does this mean you’ll skate for us when we’re all together next month? (Or do you have skates or blades? I forget that those are two different things.)

@john.desborough @ActionJackson @the conservative @andrew_videoask how’s everyone else been? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - it’s Friday.. and looks like rain all weekend lol.. looks like it from the forecast .. 

But i’m coaching in workshop all weekend so if it rains, who cares? oh wait, be nice enough outside so the little one goes to play in the park with mom all weekend lol

but am thinking of dusting off the bbq here and grilling up the veggies and not-beef burgers lol.. and enjoying a quiet family dinner tomorrow

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I don’t know if I can believe you @Darnell . You might have to have another BBQ just to prove it. 

What did you end up BBQing? I’ve been craving anything BBQ recently and Indian food! (Which I did make this week - @vviswanathan777 would be proud!)

The Chicago weather finally got to me, as I’ve been down with a cold this week. I am NOT sharing photos of that because no one needs to see me blowing my nose. 🤧

@Grace Does this mean you’ll skate for us when we’re all together next month? (Or do you have skates or blades? I forget that those are two different things.)

@john.desborough @ActionJackson @the conservative @andrew_videoask how’s everyone else been? 

@Liz hahaha, good point! No pics mean it didn’t happen! So it’s time for a redo.

We had trout for us pescetarians and everyone else ate pulled pork and ribs for their meats. We all shared mac & cheese, cole slaw, crudité, Showmar pudding and ice cream. Yummy for tummy, Liz!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough oh how was the workshop? That sounds like fun! Or hopefully it was. 

@Darnell oh man! Now I really want to make some BBQed! I had pulled pork yesterday at an event, and it really made me miss actually BBQs. The weather here has been so hit or miss. 

I also went to a place called Little Madrid Tapas over the weekend once I finally stopped blowing my nose, and no, I did not take pictures. It was SO dark in there I could barely see the food, but it was so good!

Anyone else eat anything exciting over the weekend? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sounds like some busy weekends! 

@john.desborough hopefully there was a break in the rain for some park time! And hopefully the workshop went well 🙏

@Darnell that BBQ spread sounds incredible, I LOVE mac and cheese, it’s one of my favs. My mum makes a great one, whenever I go home she’ll make mac and cheese or fish pie 😋 so good!

I actually went to visit Galicia this weekend, the home of @Gabolino ! Had some very good, very fresh seafood and I think I drank all the Albariño wine that Galicia has to offer 😂 it rained a lot, which was actually quite nice as we haven’t had rain in Barcelona for sooooo long! Everything was so green in Galicia, it reminded me of being back in England 🌲🌳 

@Liz not long till you’ll be eating tapas in Spain and BBQing with us! Woop! Very excited to have you over this way again! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I don’t know if I can believe you @Darnell . You might have to have another BBQ just to prove it. 

What did you end up BBQing? I’ve been craving anything BBQ recently and Indian food! (Which I did make this week - @vviswanathan777 would be proud!)

Haven't seen y'all in a long time, was kind of busy...but always happy to check back in, in this amazing community, how have you been fellows?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Welcome back @the conservative great to see you here! How are things?

Looking forward to the arrival of @Liz in Barcelona tomorrow, a rare occasion for the community team to be together in person! 🤗

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Welcome back @the conservative great to see you here! How are things?

Looking forward to the arrival of @Liz in Barcelona tomorrow, a rare occasion for the community team to be together in person! 🤗

I’m doin great! really happy to be back with you guy’s

@Darnell Thanks for the like.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Good to have you back @the conservative

And hope everyone is having a good week so far, although I’m remembering it’s only Tuesday and it already feels like Thursday so not sure what says about mine 😆

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James @Liz @Grace @Darnell 

I’m down at my winery client today and they opened up the wood-fired pizza over in time for Mother’s Day here in North America. I know the backyard at @James place has the bar, but I am thinking one of these pizza ovens would turn the joint into a hopping weekend hangout… (I’m trying to figure out if I can legally have one in my backyard….my wife thinks I’m nuts but….)

y’all have a great weekend.